How to make an online report

You can make an online report about inappropriate behaviour at a subscriber organisation at any time by completing the online reporting form.

If you choose to make an online report, firstly you need to either complete your personal and contact details or indicate that you want to lodge a report anonymously.

If you do not provide us with any contact details, we are unable to contact you to discuss your report or tell you about its progress, and nor will the organisation or any appointed investigator or service provider.

You then complete the remaining fields including details of your report, and any other relevant additional information you can provide. You can also upload any documentation you have in support of your claim. The more detailed the information you provide, the better this will assist us in dealing with your report efficiently.

When you have completed the form, press ‘submit’ to lodge your report.  Once you press ‘submit’, your report will be formally lodged and, if you have provided a valid email address,  you will receive an email confirming receipt of your report and your reference number.  Please record the reference number and store it safely. This reference number will enable you to follow up on your report later.

Make an online report

How to make a telephone report

If you are in Australia, you can make an telephone report by calling 1800 468 456 during business hours (Monday to Friday excluding public holidays between 9am – 5.00pm,  Australian Eastern Standard Time).  You will be connected with a professionally trained operator, who will ask you for details about the issue that you want to report.  They will ask you questions to gather factual information which they will pass on to the subscriber organisation. They will ask you the same questions that are set out in the online form (described above).

If you are making your report via our telephone service, we can provide an interpreter if required. We will need some notice to set up a telephone discussion with an interpreter, so please call us and advise you need an interpreter and we will then organise a time to take your report.

We will only include the telephone number you are calling from in the report if you agree that we can do so. We will not ‘trace’ the call or use any other means to discover what telephone number you called from.  Your call is not recorded.

Once you have finished making your report, you will receive a reference number.  Please record the reference number and store it safely. This reference number will enable you to follow up on your report later, should the need arise.

Learn more

Frequently Asked Questions

The same handling process applies to reports made online and reports made using the telephone report line. If you call the telephone report line, the operator will ask you the same questions that are set out on the online form.
You can lodge a report about improper conduct that you genuinely believe has occurred at the organisation. The types of improper conduct covered is listed on the online form and includes the following areas: health, safety, environment and community relations; conflict of interest and insider trading; misuse of information, intellectual property or information systems; discrimination and sexual harassment; workplace issues including bullying; improper dealings with governments, suppliers or parties external to the organisation; fraud, theft or misappropriation; and other inappropriate conduct in employment, the provision of goods or services or the conduct of business.
Yes. The organisation will decide whether or not to take action on your report. Please note that making repeated reports to this service about the same issue is unlikely to lead to a different outcome.
Yes. It will be much easier for the organisation to respond if you give details about the action, including the people who you believe may have been involved in carrying out the action.
Yes, but only if you have the permission of the other person. We may contact the other person to confirm that they have given you permission to act on their behalf, and to confirm the details of the report. If you do not have permission from the other person to lodge a report on their behalf, the report might not proceed.
Yes, if they have your authority to lodge a report on your behalf.
Other than the suggestions on this website, Integrity Line cannot provide you with assistance in drafting your report (for example, what information you should include, or whether you should choose to remain anonymous). Should you require assistance you could ask Human Resources, the Business Ethics or Professional Conduct manager, a senior manager at the organisation, or a union or a community lawyer.

If you are at risk of harming yourself or someone else it is important that you get help straight away. You can speak to your doctor (your GP or psychiatrist), call the Psychiatric Team at your nearest hospital, call Lifeline 13 11 14 or the Suicide Helpline (Victoria only) 1300 651 251, or the police on 000 (triple zero).

If you need emotional support, you can contact Lifeline Australia on 13 11 14. Lifeline keeps information about its callers strictly confidential.

BeyondBlue provides information about depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder, including directories of medical and allied health providers in mental health. You can call BeyondBlue on 1300 22 4636.

Integrity Line makes charitable donations to Lifeline and to BeyondBlue to support their work, but we are not affiliated with those organisations.